Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm loving ...


my new ladylike green shoes that are the right size to wear with hand made socks. That was such a good green .. and now you can see why I made Taimi in dark yarn not the lighter green kit yarn.
I'm also liking Taimi, which are finished, and went to work on my feet today. The leaf top didn't finish as I expected, it has a little flare or flutter - which is just fine, pretty even.

And a reminder, if you are in or around Dunedin this weekend, call in to the Dunedin Creative Fiber Open day, 9:30 doors open, things kick off at 10am. Finishes at 3ish. Cost is $NZ5. Trade hall - no entry fee for shoping :-)
Roslyn Presbyterian Church - 21 Highgate, Dunedin. You can even play with my hackles :0

more latter
Stella

6 comments:

Vintage Purls said...

Oh, very cute!

You're not dissatisfied with the top turning over a little? It's so hard to design a top (that isn't rib) that behaves predictably on the myriad of leg shapes in this world.

Can't wait to see them in person. :)

Unknown said...

Great shoe/sock combo!

Anonymous said...

WOW love them with those shoes!

Renee said...

OMG ~ G R E A T sock and shoes!!!

KathyR said...

Your shoes certainly are versatile - love them with Taimi! I'm quite disappointed that I wasn't able to come down for the Open Day but I'm sure that it will go well.

Knitting Linguist said...

I'd play with your hackles! Alas, I think I'm too far away to come by :)

Those shoes are absolutely wonderful, and perfect with handknit socks. I would wear those constantly, I think. And the new socks are lovely,too -- how did the end-weaving go?